Water Damage is surely hazardous and costly, so it is important to prevent water damage as a part of maintaining the home. However, should you have knowledge on what to do when these happens, water damage can be prevented in getting worst. When water seeps from a pipe, a drain backs up, or flood takes place in the home it can be hard to remediate and a lot of question will pop your mind: What to do, what can happen, will there be damage? Will my insurance provider cover the damage? Water damage can be really stressful, and the more you know about it, you can be able to address it easily.
“Water damage can occur unnoticeably as in the case of a leaking roof, or it can be such as to have catastrophic results, visualize flooding for instance. In the event of damage in the home, it is best to seek professional help in repairing the damage. So how do you know who is the best man for the job?
- Personal referrals
You can almost never go wrong when a satisfied customer personally refers you to a service provider. Look for people you know that suffered water damage in their homes or offices and seek their advice on which company to go for.
- Cost effectiveness
Find out whether your insurance policy provides for water damage restoration and prepare a budget accordingly. Chances are that after water damage, you may have suffered significant loss and the last thing you need is to spend an exorbitant amount on a service that you might have gotten at a cheaper price.
- The exact type of damage
Most water damage restoration companies can repair the ordinary forms of water damage that you may have suffered. However where you have suffered special damage such as damage to electronic media, you should look for a company that has the capability to handle that also.” Originally seen published on http://www.steamatic.ca/blog/3-things-to-consider-when-choosing-a-water-damage-restoration-company/
Do not choose a company basing it on the rate or your insurance provider’s recommendations because they end up choosing the best price and usually low pricing suggest the company won’t use modern drying and repair methods. Try to ask your neighbors or friends if they can recommend if they had experienced water damage and had been satisfied with the services they got and if not, you know which company to avoid.
Make it to a point that you choose a company that provides a range of water damage restoration services. You can check these out through their website and find out what types of services do they offer and if they offer fire and mold damage at the same time. A company offering various services is a company that takes restoration seriously. Water and mold remediation works together and a company that can handle water and mold is far a better company than the one that only provides water damage service alone. Learn more at http://idaho.action1restoration.net/water/
“Here are some tips for choosing a first rate water damage restoration company:
- Choose a company whose technicians are industry certified. The two professional organizations associated with the water damage restoration industry are the Institute for Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration (IICRC), also known as Clean Trust, and the Restoration Industry Association (RIA). Both the IICRC and RIA offer field education and certification for professionals working in the field.
- Ask for a local referral from trusted friends and neighbors who’ve used water damage restoration services themselves. Although the insurance company that carries your homeowner’s policy will also be happy to give recommendations, that referral should not carry as much weight. An insurance company may refer you to the water damage cleanup company with the lowest costs, rather than highest quality service.
- Choose a company with a rapid response time. Optimally, you want a water restoration company that’s prepared to initiate the cleanup of water damage within one hour of receiving your call for help. In a crisis involving water damage, a prompt response is critical to control the amount of damage. Local companies are probably your best candidates, but the company does not have to be local if it can promise you prompt service.
- Choose a company that is prepared to quote you a price estimate and a list of the services they will perform before any work begins. Some companies charge a flat rate for water damage remediation services, while others charge an hourly fee. Even companies that charge an hourly fee should be able to provide you with an estimate of the number of hours it will take then to clean your premises.
- Choose a company that has experience working with insurance companies and will be able to expedite your claims and reimbursement.
- Choose a company that uses the latest, most sophisticated equipment for water extraction and pump outs, structural drying and dehumidification, and mold remediation. High speed evaporation should take no longer than 30 hours. That’s best accomplished with first rate equipment. The longer the drying process takes, the more damage will occur.
- When choosing between two companies, remember that quality is more important than price point. This will actually save you money in the long run.” http://restorationeze.com/tips-choosing-water-damage-cleanup-company/
The original video can be found at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QCeTcD4ihY
Choose a company that offers 24/7 services in order to have peace of mind that in case water damage takes place in your home, you can call them any time. It may be inconvenient for you to wait while water sits for 36 hours resulting for a potential mold developing at home. Choose a company that is reliable that when they receive a call from you, they come at the moment you reach them.
“Water is essential to our lives, but can create disasters at homes and businesses. Being aware of the potential causes and having an emergency water response plan will help limit structure damage.
Water damage can come from broken pipes, roof leaks, drainage problems, fire hoses or fire suppression systems. Depending on the size, water and floods can cause irreversible damage and cause mold growth if not responded to properly. When a water disaster occurs, prompt water cleanup and drying is crucial.
A good water damage restoration company will be prepared for both 24 hour emergency service and the property repairs. Good companies provide all needed services: clean up sewage, extract water, dry carpet dehumidification, remove debris, remove mold, odor elimination, repair walls, and replace carpet, hardwood, and vinyl composition tiles, paint and more. Experience companies know how to work well with insurance claims to create a smooth claims process.” Originally found in http://www.alertdisaster.com/blog/47/
Water damage can be a cause of mold damage that can damage your home and its contents that could be risky for you and your household’s health. But when dealt with quickly, there is hope that your property and your things could be salvaged from irreversible water damage. This is one thing you need to consider in choosing a water damage restoration company.